General Discussion Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
SilverShadows
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:39 pm

seriously seriously you have no idea where have you been living, but just wiki it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris C
Producer
Producer

Humor : what is the matrix....?

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:19 am

soooo, no SG and no Dr Who? Toa, you seriously need to get some DVDs, or youtube or something, and spend a good solid 7 days at a television
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://connexion.motionsforum.com
Terra
Black Guard
Black Guard

Humor : You.Dead.

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:30 am

From The Connexion wrote:
I keep thinking on why I keep coming back... the break I had made me wonder that a lot... I mean, I didn't feel the need to come back.. I didn't even create a thread about my return... I feel like that it would be best for me to leave you know? I mean.. I actually had fun being gone... I did a lot of the stuff I've always wanted to do, and I had a blast doing it... Maybe.. Maybe I should just say my goodbyes now, and wish you all the best and hope you do better with all your life, and have fun ^_^... And since I am not on regularly and since I've been absent for most of the stuff this forum has gone through, I resign as moderator, It was great knowing you all. ;D

Enough said.... I rarely visit any forum now anyway...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Kroznuski
Leader
Leader

Location : Attempting to dodge the nukes from whoever is bombing my planets on Sins of a Solar Empire...
Humor : Lemon pie.

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:45 pm

Goodbye Terra...we'll miss you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://burning-earth.motionforum.net
raffitz
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:02 pm

You don't know Dr. Who? I raged through the internet today to find a good link to the Waters of Mars (Because I don't have BBC... I think it exists in cable TV, but I don't have cable TV, only the four public channels)...

I've searched the web for the remnants of the old series (Damn you, BBC policy! (They threw away lots of old doc who episodes from their archives... Some of them were lost forever))... I've seen Logopolis, Genesis of the Daleks (Which is plain awesome, BTW), between others...

I loved all trek, I loved a little bit less SG-1, and a little bit less Atlantis, but I love Dr. Who more than all of them together...

And yes, I noticed the font in that "Action Five" screen...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris C
Producer
Producer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:04 pm

and a bunch of the old prints were burned in the great BBC purging of the seventies i think it was. did waters of mars air yet, we've only been getting trailers here, but of course i don't have BBC
Back to top Go down
raffitz
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:08 pm

It was out yesterday in Britain, so I guessed today someone had already posted it on the internet, and fortunately I was right... I've been waiting since the last episode (Planet of the Dead) to watch this... And now I'll hopelessly wait until Christmas for the End of Time, but I don't think I«ll like it that much from that preview in the end of Waters of Mars...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris C
Producer
Producer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:10 pm

isn't the xmas one the one where tenant dies? i do know one thing about tennants death, it will involve something going through his back. i saw shooting pics with the new doctor, and he was still wearing tennants clothes and they had gashes like knife stabs or something through them
Back to top Go down
raffitz
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:12 pm

Yes, that's the one when the regeneration happens... I think it's terrible, because he'll meet River Song only after he's regenerated, but in silence of the library, she meets him before he regenerated and doesn't even notice it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris C
Producer
Producer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:22 pm

i haven't had the opportunity to see all of series four yet. i've seen most of it though, and i haven't seen this years specials sadly. i just haven't had the time to youtube them
Back to top Go down
Chris Kroznuski
Leader
Leader

Location : Attempting to dodge the nukes from whoever is bombing my planets on Sins of a Solar Empire...

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:27 pm

Speaking of youtube, I had a thought. Would it be possible to program a media player exclusively for this forum?
Back to top Go down
janefoxclaw
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:32 pm

That depends on what you mean by "program". Are you saying that you want your own version of a youtube where people upload to your site and you compress it to your own codecs ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raffitz
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:35 am

Probably he means a flash .flv player...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris C
Producer
Producer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:46 am

well, there's that JW player, i was playing with that once a while ago
Back to top Go down
Chris Kroznuski
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:26 pm

I was thinking of a media player that we could program into the portal with all Earth-Link related videos only. Heres my thoughts:

The top reads, "Earth-Link Zero Classified Log information" or something like that. On the right would be a bar saying "Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3," etc. all the way down to Episode 20. For all the episodes not up we could have "Coming Soon" displayed. And the buttons (Play, Pause, Rewind, etc.) could match the forum look but be stylized in Windows Media Player format.
Back to top Go down
Chris C
Producer
Producer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:31 pm

ya, JW players is customizable to a point, it's designed for stuff like that
Back to top Go down
Chris Kroznuski
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:14 pm

Hm, I'll look into that.

So whats everyone doing for Thanksgiving? I plan on just pigging out on food.
Back to top Go down
Chris C
Producer
Producer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:30 pm

we had thanksgiving over a month ago
Back to top Go down
Chris Kroznuski
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:54 pm

You have your thanksgiving in october? Whow, we're way late.
Back to top Go down
Chris C
Producer
Producer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:01 pm

yeah, canada does, i think the states is the only country to do it in november, but i could be wrong
Back to top Go down
janefoxclaw
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:11 pm

THANKSGIVING:
Thanksgiving Day is a harvest festival celebrated primarily in Canada and the United States. Traditionally, it is a time to give thanks for the harvest and express gratitude in general. While perhaps religious in origin, Thanksgiving is now primarily identified as a secular holiday.
The date and location of the first Thanksgiving celebration is a topic of modest contention. The traditional "first Thanksgiving" is the celebration that occurred at the site of Plymouth Plantation, in 1621. The Plymouth celebration occurred early in the history of what would become one of the original thirteen colonies that became the United States. The celebration became an important part of the American myth by the 1800s.[citation needed] This Thanksgiving, modeled after celebrations that were commonplace in contemporary Europe, is generally regarded as America's first. Elementary school teacher Robyn Gioia has argued that the earliest attested "thanksgiving" celebration in what is now the United States was celebrated by the Spanish on September 8, 1565 in what is now Saint Augustine, Florida.[1][2] Today, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States. Thanksgiving dinner is held on this day, usually as a gathering of family members and friends.

Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day (Canadian French: Jour de l'Action de grâce), occurring on the second Monday in October, is an annual Canadian holiday to give thanks at the close of the harvest season. Although the original act of Parliament references God and the holiday is celebrated in churches, the holiday is also celebrated in a secular manner.
On January 31, 1957, the Canadian Parliament proclaimed:
“ A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed … to be observed on the 2nd Monday in October. ”

CANADA :
Various First Nations in Canada had long-standing traditions celebrating the harvest and giving thanks for a successful bounty of crops. Canada's First Nations and Native Americans throughout the Americas, including the Pueblo, Cherokee, Cree and many others organized harvest festivals, ceremonial dances, and other celebrations of thanks for centuries before the arrival of Europeans in North America.[6]

Canadian troops attend a Thanksgiving service in the bombed-out Cambrai Cathedral, in France in October 1918
The history of Thanksgiving in Canada goes back to an explorer, Martin Frobisher, who had been trying to find a northern passage to the Pacific Ocean. Frobisher's Thanksgiving was not for harvest but homecoming. He had safely returned from a search for the Northwest Passage, avoiding the later fate of Henry Hudson and Sir John Franklin. In the year 1578, he held a formal ceremony, in what is now the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, to give thanks for surviving the long journey. The feast was one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations by Europeans in North America. Frobisher was later knighted and had an inlet of the Atlantic Ocean in northern Canada named after him — Frobisher Bay.
At the same time, French settlers, having crossed the ocean and arrived in Canada with explorer Samuel de Champlain, in 1604 onwards also held huge feasts of thanks. They even formed 'The Order of Good Cheer' and gladly shared their food with their First Nations neighbours.
After the Seven Years' War ended in 1763 handing over of New France to the British, the citizens of Halifax held a special day of Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving days were observed beginning in 1799 but did not occur every year. After the American Revolution, American refugees who remained loyal to Great Britain moved from the newly independent United States and came to Canada. They brought the customs and practices of the American Thanksgiving to Canada. The first Thanksgiving Day after Canadian Confederation was observed as a civic holiday on April 5, 1872 to celebrate the recovery of the Prince of Wales (later King Edward VII) from a serious illness.
Starting in 1879 Thanksgiving Day was observed every year, but the date was proclaimed annually and changed year to year. The theme of the Thanksgiving holiday also changed each year to reflect an important event to be thankful for. In its early years it was for an abundant harvest and occasionally for a special anniversary.
After World War I, both Armistice Day and Thanksgiving were celebrated on the Monday of the week in which November 11 occurred.[citation needed] Ten years later, in 1931, the two days became separate holidays, and Armistice Day was renamed Remembrance Day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Data
Exec-Producer

Location : A plain a gagilion miles away that dosn't exsit on Earth but is right over there
Humor : I love it

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:56 pm

I got Jonny Paul of Is it a good Idea to microwave this to mention the Series
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Kroznuski
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:56 am

Dude! That is AWESOME!!! I'm going to tell all my friends about that!!! Thank you so much!!!

LEMON PIE!
Back to top Go down
Data
Exec-Producer

Location : A plain a gagilion miles away that dosn't exsit on Earth but is right over there
Humor : I love it

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:10 pm

yeah he said "Have you heard of Earth Link Zero? No." (He repeated my question)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Federation01
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:48 am

I'm back! After almost a week!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Thread   

Back to top Go down